This week for the first time ever, I actually paid for my own Business Class ticket. I have been on Business and First Class before but never had I paid for it. Now that I have, I am not looking back. I know it sounds like I am now becoming a flight snob but before you judge……
Why did I love being on Business Class at Malindo?
- Because firstly, they have a leg rest that is PERFECT for my short legs. Just PERFECT. This makes it super comfortable for my entire journey instead of having my legs hanging down from the usual airline seat not being able to touch the ground. AWFUL. Back ache killer even on a one hour flight, yo. So yes, from here on, I will only fly Business. Because removing myself fresh from a plane is oh, so worth it.
- Secondly, there is just so much more space. Again, this means extra comfort. I could rest both my arms on the arms rests and still not touch my adjacent neighbour. I could even sit my Balenciaga on the arm rest. And a million more things. Lots of space to manoeuvre all my junk around. Awesome.
- A comfy chair means a comfy snooze. Oh yeah. And snooze I did. I usually never, ever sleep on planes. Ever. Because not only is cattle class tiny and uncomfortable but I usually spend my time watching movies. On Business however, I fell asleep even though I had a movie on and my laptop open.
- Speaking of laptop, there was WIFI on board. I just LOVE planes with WIFI on board. Nuff said.
- There is free flow of drink and snacks and food was abundant. Not that this made a difference to me as I could only eat and drink so much, but it was nice to know that I could always ask for something. Anytime.
- There were blankets and pillows for my extra comfort, and a welcome and goodbye drink as a standard.
- There are much less people to fight with at Business. This means less noise, more luggage space, heavier luggage allowance, and more personal attention overall.
- I was invited into the airport lounges before departure and get a free meal. Not that this made sense either because how much can one eat really.
- I got to check-in without queueing for miles…….I loved this because I was late on both counts yet not having to queue at all was simply awesome. And there were at least a hundred people in the queues.
- Being first in and first out of the plane rocks. Time is of essence and my time is incredibly expensive so it only makes sense to save as much of it as possible.
There you go. It makes perfect sense for me to fly Business. And because my kids know this, they are now filled with envy so guess what? Our next trip? I will just spoil them on Business. Because I can. It is what my Mom would have done, kid spoiler she is.