I love life. It has always been challenging but that is exactly why I love it. It gives me a hallucinating high.
This year has almost come to an end and my challenges were and still are:-
1. Starting full time work after a 10 year hiatus being the domicile wife and available Mommy. Sometimes, I feel like giving it all up because let’s face it, it was never the plan to go back to work. The Hubs summoned me to do a job and that job was to take care of his kids, our kids. But shit, I love my work and it literally fell on my lap. Like fate. But whenever I have to deal with a pile of shit, I ask myself what the heck I am doing this for! My kids suffer, there isn’t enough time for anything and if you wanted to know how fast my life is, go watch I Don’t Know How She Does It with Sarah Jessica Parker/Pierce Brosnan and add in a few more responsibilities to her already busy life. It’s a crazy life. Why do I do it? I’m a frigging lunatic.
2. Chasing a steep learning curve in an industry completely alien to myself. I was trained as an architect. I am now dealing with everything that has nothing to do with architecture. I have been learning for 5 months and I’ve been running full speed to catch up with that high speed train. I’ve not caught it yet because technology progresses at the speed of light so whilst I get nearer, it will be almost impossible to catch it. But you never know.
3. I deal a lot with Government Agencies. Mannnnnn………..it’s probably the most painful experience of my life. Yet I know that if it is painful now, just imagine how much more painful it was a few years ago. So I take comfort in that.
4. Keeping my kids happy. I have a smart daughter who is bloody manipulative and knows how to tug at my heart strings. She’s always putting me on guilt trips complaining how I don’t spend enough time with them and how I don’t even have time to coach her with school work like other Moms so how can I expect her to excel like them? Just to give you an example, yesterday, she wanted to go for a walk outdoors in the evening before dinner and knowing I’d offer some excuse to not go (too busy, too tired), she pitched it to me perfectly and got her way. She said, “Mom, let’s go for a walk and we can go collect the mail. Then we can get lots of exercise and will sleep early tonight. Plus T2 will get a good work out and will eat more for dinner!” Mannnnnn…….. I was sold. Sleep early? Yes! Yes! YES!!! And if you know my stress with T2’s anorexia, then you know how excited I get when she eats.
5. The challenge to lose weight, get fit and be healthy. The challenge to sleep more. I’m working on all these things simultaneously.
6. Maintaining the household and our lives afloat. I have to manage the part-time maid (make sure house is clean, laundry is done, trash is disposed), the British Nanny (know what T2 is up to everyday), make sure there is food in the fridge, pay the monthly bills, organise play dates, chauffeur kids to their activities, source next year’s ECA tutors to come to the house (because I no longer want to be a chauffeur and there isn’t enough driving around to justify hiring a chauffeur), organise for the next school year, cook every day for the family! I also try to keep my friend and family informed that I still exist!
7. I have my side projects still to fulfil and responsibilities and time lines that have already been committed to besides my full time job that actually pays. My problem is I do not know how to say no. My plate is already full but I keep thinking, if I don’t do it, who will? As it is, whenever I shout for support, hardly anyone wants to do charity……..
8. Dealing with miscellaneous challenges – daughter gets into accident, mother is sick, organising flights for in-laws, booking hotels for family members, you name it man. My to do list is never ending.
To all of you whom I haven’t responded to in your emails, please forgive me.
There was a Mom who wrote to me a few months back who needed some help with a new business. If you are reading this, can you please email me again? I was ever ready to support you, I was just crazy busy then but have not forgotten.
Also, to the person who bought our animal alphabet puzzle wooden school bus, we have found the pig! Please get in touch so we can deliver the pig to you or arrange for collection.
Here’s to the end of 2011. Exactly 31 more days………..
Who is Mamapumpkin?
Mamapumpkin spent 7 years in London committing crimes to gain her Bartlett BSc in Architecture. She spent 7 years as a Stay At Home Mom raising her children as documented in this Mamapumpkin blog since over 10 years ago and thereafter returned to the Corporate World stronger than ever. Her last job as Country Director of a British Railway Signalling organisation saw her getting ill with an aortal and mitral heart valve regurgitation and cancer. Through her journey from working to not working to working again, she sets out to prove to all women that they can do anything and everything that they set out to do; as long as they have that fire of desire burning within and the drive to work hard with oodles of love, passion and integrity.
Despite being ill, she has grown a network marketing business from little knowledge and experience in the otherwise infamously known MLM (Multi-Level Marketing) industry, racing from an income of ZERO to RM 100,000 monthly in merely 2 years. She is a firm believer of the MLM business model but realises the pitfalls too and understands how and why the majority of people would shy away from any MLM business.
She is now pondering the title of her new book, From Zero to 100,000 RM monthly in 2 years and has a sequel in the pipeline with the aim of helping real professionals succeed in the World of MLM. Always the giver, Mamapumpkin has supported orphans for years and has now extended her care to the sick, single mothers, and even struggling families. She believes that with the MLM business model, we can all have a life of our own desires to enable real contribution into the world.
A beautiful life without limits.
Mamapumpkin currently manages the Homeschooling Hub Malaysia on Facebook. She also runs Working Women Malaysia (not THAT kind of Working Women LOL), Mamapumpkin - Creating A Life of Abundance, and Funky Moms on Facebook to offer REAL support to all women who want career and life success. She is a living testimony that women really can have a lot. Being financially free has enabled her to travel the world anytime anywhere doing anything, and she spends most of her day to day with her children, reading and supporting other women.
For enquiries, please contact her at mamapumpkin at gmail dot com or WhatsApp her at +6012-2333840